WIC helps families grow up healthy and strong
WIC provides nutritional and supplemental dietary services to women, infants, and children from conception to age five. Qualified families are offered individualized dietary counseling to ensure that mothers and their children have the tools and knowledge to lead healthy lifestyles.
We serve PA residents who fall at 185% of the poverty level set by the federal government and are:
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding women, for up to one year postpartum
- Women up to six months postpartum, who are not breastfeeding
- Infants and children under five years old, including foster children
What else should I know?
- Unborn babies are counted in family size.
- Foster children are eligible.
- MA, TANF, and SNAP (Food Stamp) clients are eligible, but must provide income documentation.
- WIC does not require proof of citizenship or alien status.
- Pennsylvania WIC is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture.